Could Hiakari be here?

i haven’t tried, but considering that this is the hub for northern virginia outside of DC, i’m going to guess it will look like the ark of the covenant is being stored in their warehouse and they won’t know (if they could even talk to me about it on the phone).

1 Like

Mine said “Exception!” for both almost until they were available. The browser tracking (standard tracking site) gave better info on what the package location was. The emails and texts were accurate once it got to a location. So I kept bouncing between them.

1 Like

So happy for you!!

2 Likes

Brrrrrr! I really should have created this vent when it was in the 60’s a week ago. It’s 22 degrees right now. Ugh.

1 Like

Are you in Wisconsin? Oak Creek is the closest hub to us also. Just wondering if we should pick ours up also as we are at the end of the route usually.

Yes I am!! Oak Creek was the depot for me too. I would absolutely tell them that you will pick it up at Oak Creek. The horror stories for the final stretch of delivery are tragic. While some may not care about this, I also don’t want GF using time and money to replace these fine machines just because UPS fails to be careful with them all the way to the door.

1 Like

Any thoughts on whether this vent will cause too much back pressure? It’s for dryers.

What I can tell you from my own laser, is that the air pressure is enough to make the hose semi-rigid, but doesn’t output very high pressure air. Depending on how much force the spring mechanism in this requires, it may be too much. I’d say maybe do a test run or two but monitor it closely. Of course, we have a forum full of knowledgeable people and I’m sure there’s got to be at least one person who has measured the output of the fan, so maybe someone will come along and help you out with this better than I can.

Congratulations on receiving your machine, and can’t wait to see what you’ll laze up!

2 Likes

I’m going to switch to a more standard flap version. That last thing I want to do is limit ejection of gases or wear on the exhaust fan. Thanks!!

I totally agree I feel like my pro has been delayed because of all the replacements that have had to go out because UPS mishandles the packages. Your boxes look like they are in very good shape. Today is 5 weeks waiting since my golden email and its like torture. And still no tacking email.

1 Like

Send a note to support@glowforge.com if it has already been five weeks and no tracking email.

Thanks, I just sent an e-mail off. Hate to be a complainer but this last 5 weeks has been harder than the previous 2 + years I think.

3 Likes

I finally got my vent done and here’s my first original. So much to learn!!!

10 Likes

Looks perfect! :grinning:

2 Likes

It appears that my Pro’s placement accuracy is 1/16” to <1/8” off to the upper left. That doesn’t seem too bad for this software state. I am challenged trying to read all the tips about how I need to modify my vector files.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s pretty darned good at the outer limits! :smile:

Wow, it came out so cool!

1 Like

Here’s an image of a print vs. GFUI target. Look’s amazingly close. The print seems smaller than the art, but maybe that’s a zoom in issue. Looks like 1/32" off.

2 Likes

Etched a small rock from a dollar store bag o’ rocks.

7 Likes