Couple questions about designing

Thank you so much. You answered questions I didn’t even know I had. I like @JeremyNielsen assumed more stitches was the way to go. In your opinion is the speedy stitcher worth the money? Also any recomendations on the best type of thread to use? It’s very generous of you to offer your knowledge so freely. I promise you it is very appreciated.

I know you are not asking me. But this guy makes a great point.

3 Likes

I’m not going to complain about somebody trying to help me answer a question I have haha. Thanks for the link. I’ll give it a watch.

2 Likes

Thanks… I am trying to learn leather right now as well.
@morganstanfield has been helping me get up to speed.
And when I see videos like this one:

It just makes me want to jump in with both feet!

3 Likes

Exactly. I didn’t order the Glowforge for leather, but it is opening so many new opportunities to create. Leather seems like a great media to work with a laser.

3 Likes

Oh man… thats just amazing.

Oh its going to be incredible. I cant wait to be able to do patterning like this without all the hammering, and being limited by the patterning tools you have on hand:

7 Likes

Wow, that’s insane. Looks awesome! Is that really leather? It looks like a slab of wood that has been carved.

1 Like

yeah. its made by the same guy who made this:

which eventually became this:

Pretty freakin incredible…

7 Likes

Okay, so now I’m starting to worry that by the time I get my GF (mine is late in the queue, like August to October), there will be a cow shortage due to all the Glowforgers ahead of me.

3 Likes

Eat more burgers!

3 Likes

I know what you mean. I’ve been next to leather workers when exhibiting at art fairs, and all the hammering drove me up the wall. I can remember thinking, “oh ****, he just sold another belt.” By the end of the weekend, I was wearing an earplug in one ear.

1 Like

I feel you there. I felt so bad for my girlfriend that night. I tried everything, wood on top of eva on top of marble on top of wood and it was still loud as hell. Im really close to either making or buying a press so I dont have to deal with it anymore. if that made noise id be proud of it. it would probably sound like the terminator walking haha

2 Likes

Opportunity! You should start a herd and sell at a premium.

Ha! I wonder if you can breed cattle to be particularly laser-able?

1 Like

I’m wondering what the name of the new breed will be.

Laser-Hole-Steins

4 Likes

Ha! That’s perfect!

Anybody remember the bovine-style creature in The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe? The breeders need to work along those lines.

2 Likes

Can you splice genes with a laser?