Couples Bridal Shower Welcome

Primed and painted board, masked both sides, Scored “welcome”, names & wedding date. Cut “welcome” out of a separately primed and painted board. (Aldine font for Welcome).

Peeled masking over names & date. Painted with acrylic paint to match “welcome”. Peeled remainder of masking. Glued the “Welcome” cut-out on. Could have made a stand … but, had one.

57 Likes

Very nice! Multi level is a great touch. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Nice. That’s very simple and elegant.

1 Like

That’s lovely! They’ll likely want one for the Reception too. (hint, hint) :wink:

1 Like

Very elegant. I have 2 wedding coming up this year and need a lot of ideas.

2 Likes

What size is the board?

1 Like

The board is 10.75" x 18.75".

@Jules This is the sister of my daughter-in-law. So, I’m sure something more will arise for the wedding. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Very classy and classic looking. I’m sure they’ll love it.

1 Like

Thanks, gives me an idea for what I need for my cousin’s wedding in the next month or so.

1 Like

The simplicity is beautiful. Love those two font together. :heart:

1 Like

I like the font you chose. Very apropos!

1 Like

Oooooo, it’s gorgeous! I really like the welcome font and you did a great job of pairing it with the simpler serif font for contrast.

1 Like

This is beautiful! Can I ask what you used to mask the serif font for painting? I’m using a paper masking and score settings, then weeding, but I’m having trouble with craft paint seeping under the masking. Thank you!

Use the edge of a credit card to really smooth the masking down firmly … that eliminated most of the seeping. Still had a bit of touch up to do though.

Thank you! I’ll try that. I just did another test with painter’s tape really smoothed down, but that didn’t work. I’ll revisit the paper masking.