Coupon site holding my code hostage from something I did not do, how to fix?

It appears someone or something (automated system) found my referral code somewhere and put it on a coupon site that I have never heard of that looks very scammy. The only reason I found this out is because I got an email saying as such as seen here:

Now seeing as I have no idea who or what submitted it on there and its not my site to remove or turn that thing off. What can I do to get this fixed. Also it appears to be a bunch of others on there so I’m sure this is an automated system like honey or something doing this. This in turn is holding my referral code and I’m sure several other peoples hostage and wanted to make this aware for others as well.

So pretty much to sum it up if someone or something for some reason wants you to never get a referral all you need to do is go to that shady site or any shady site submit their (as in your) referral code with out you having anything to do with it. Then you are restricted from using your code.

Wanted to bring this up here as no reply back from email yet on the topic and this could be a potential issue for several people in the future if your code gets targeted. Please let me know if I can get a new code with the same redirect code or what I can do to get this fixed as I didn’t have anything to do with this. I have also submitted an email request to remove said code from that shady site to that company directly but they have not emailed back as I doubt they will.

Thank you for taking the time to read and hear my concerns.

5 Likes

Quick update, I got an email back it appears that I was correct in thinking this.

9 Likes

Never mind I miss read the email. It looks like it is reactivated! Thank you Bailey!

2 Likes