Covid 19 - LaserCut Mask!

Found this Mask, the author encourages changes to be made, it is designed to be cut out by hand, so the breathing gaps are too big, lets see what you can make with this design using a laser cutter!

BUMASK FREE

To Save SVG file…

Best Filter material: Best Materials for Making DIY Face Masks - Smart Air

7 Likes

Ok on the part about the t shirt or pillow case being the best choice to make the mask out of I am going to have to disagree. If you look at a N95 mask they are of a much heavier material. Think of it this way if you can smell through it, spray any type of aerosol through it then the virus can get through it. A blue Shop rag is close to 100 times more dense than a t shirt so that would be a better item to use. Or consider the high end Filtrete heater filters.

1 Like

did you follow the link: " Best Materials for Making DIY Face Masks - Smart Air "
it’s not my idea, its just research I found on the internet.

3 Likes

Nobody is saying it’s the best material for protection. They are saying it’s the best thing you can use in the average home - and the US CDC has had instructions on how to make masks from t-shirts for a week or more. The average home doesn’t have shop towels or unused HVAC filters sitting around.

8 Likes

Exactly :slight_smile:

The average home doesn’t have shop towels or unused HVAC filters sitting around.

Even if we do have those… there is a Breathable vs Protection ratio…

Anyway getting off-topic here… anyone have any ideas about this kind of mask?
If you print it, please share :slight_smile:

2 Likes