Covid Key (Germ avoidance)

I put together a small version of the many Covid Key’s I see out there. A simple design to let you open doors or touch buttons without using your hands. Helps to avoid the spread of germs. Nothing fancy but hope it helps. I made samples out of 1/8" MDF, 1/4" MDF and then I made 1/8" Acrylic and bonded two of them together. I think the MDF works fine, but not sure about cleaning it. I supposed you could coat it with something waterproof. The Acrylic seems like something you could easily clean.

CovidKey

Tried to make it as small as I could but still useful.
Note the drawing is attached but supper small link near the bottom of the last picture for some reason.

23 Likes

Nice. Here’s another, just FYI…

3 Likes

Thanks for Sharing. I saw dozens of these on the internet and figured there had to be some designs that could be used on the Glowforge. Thank you for sharing yours. I will try it out.

1 Like

Discourse likes to make us hunt for the files. :wink: If you edit your post and add a zero or two after each of the dimensions in the image URL, it will make it big enough for people to find.

2 Likes

Thank you

2 Likes

what’s the serrated edge for?

4 Likes

it provides extra grip when holding it. it isn’t sharp, just not slick acrylic.

Thanks! I was just going to design one! Super time saver! Have you tried it? Didnt know what size acrylic to use because the pictures i saw were mostly metal. Dont want to open a door and it snaps

1 Like

I have been using 2 1/8” pieces welded together and it is really sturdy.

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like