Crack in tube?

I just got my GF 3 days ago and have put off this question because I am afraid of the answer :frowning:. I finally get my GF I’ve wanted for years and just my luck, I think there is a crack on the laser tube. I have been using the machine and it works great but I don’t want to risk breaking that glass more than it already is.

Looking closely it looks more like a scratch then a crack, presuming that you have tried to rub it off. I do not see any depth that a crack would have, just a surface thing. Unlike the lid, the tube is not under stress within the glass so the scratch is not likely to propagate a crack.

The Mothership is the final decision however and my opinion is just that,

1 Like

Yes I wiped it now and it seems to have gone away. Very odd that it would have just been dust though. It looked like at least a scratch.

1 Like

It was right here. Now gone. Sorry for the false alarm. Thanks for responding though :slight_smile:

6 Likes

YAY,now back to lasing. If it was a scratch I’d have been tempted to keep using it, but yeah, not on a machine under warranty.

2 Likes

It actually looked like a hair to me, or a thread of some type, not a scratch or a crack. The little black dots on it made it look like something sitting on top of the glass.

1 Like

I’m glad you were able to get this resolved, @ben1! I hope it’s smooth printing from here on out, but please don’t hesitate to reach out to us again if you have any further questions or concerns.

Since this issue is resolved now, I’m going to close this thread.

1 Like