Cracked case straight out of the box

Super bummed to get right up to the point of turning on the machine and discovering this damage.

The box corners were a little worse for wear upon arrival but more so on the left side than the right where the unit is actually cracked. Auto email informed me I should expect to wait three or more days to hear from someone about this??

3 Likes

By posting here I’m certain you’ll get a faster response. That should be replaceable

1 Like

They triage them. Default auto-response. No worries. You’ll hear back before then. The unit will have to be replaced though.

They’ll get ya taken care of!

7 Likes

Thank you for the reply. You were right, they are right on it.

Amy Proff Lyons

7 Likes

I remember way back before even the pre-release were sent out, there was a topic that had some depictions of shipping tests, a drop test. We were very excited and just assumed that all the work done to get this box taken care of would turn out great.The first pre-releases had shock tags on them. One of mine was triggered and it was feared the worse. Actually was in good shape, but one of the corners was dented of the box. Over time, the horror stories of shipping damage poured in. And “this side up”? It means nothing.

This had to have been dropped from a pretty good height, or something pretty heavy banged into it. Sorry for this. Glowforge will make it right.

2 Likes

Well, based on the appearance and attitude of my delivery guy, this package received zero care. I’m guessing he was a contractor. Shirt and jeans were really filthy and untucked. It was all around odd for a FedEx delivery.

1 Like

Boo. I’m. Sorry. It’s so disappointing when you’re excited to get started. Glad support is on top of it!

2 Likes

So sorry! No fun when you need to delay starting to play with your Glowforge. I hope it gets replaced very quickly!

1 Like

Yes, definitely sucked the wind right out of my sails! But better safe than sorry.

3 Likes

Oh no! I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.