Crafty first project

Made my very first project today!
Hello all! I’m a paper sculptor, corrugated box/display designer, card maker, and now I’m a Glowforger!
I stamped a scene from my favorite stamps, scanned them in, converted them in Illustrator, and came up with this!

It took 30 minutes on medium draft, engraved. Thinking of scoring the border and text and then engraving the graphic to same time.

Anyone have any tips? All are welcome!

38 Likes

Very crisp, turned out great!

5 Likes

Hilarious subject! Makes you wonder about our survival instincts… “Give me toilet paper or give me death”. :rofl:

Oh yeah. The engraving is great.

8 Likes

I think that sums up the year quite nicely! Beautiful work.

Looks like your letters had some overlap. Those should be able to be merged in your editor.

2 Likes

Aw, that’s really cool! Love!

1 Like

Very cute—you did great on your first project!

As far as tips: there’s an accumulation of 5 years’ worth of tips in this forum, so anytime you have a specific question you are likely to find lots of tips by using the forum search function. If you have trouble figuring out how to phrase your search, we’ll help you out.

2 Likes

Thank you! I thought that was masking stuck in the grooves, but you are so right! I forgot to weld the letters! Rookie mistake. I was too excited !

3 Likes

That’s amazing. Great Work

1 Like

Fun. I like the way it captures some of the reality of the year in a fun way.

2 Likes

Nice work!

1 Like

Congratulations on becoming a Glowforger!!! It’s a lot of fun!

4 Likes

Subtle. Very subtle. Nice job!

1 Like

Very cute. I would paint the truck and toilet paper. With the toilet paper I would use a white glitter paint.

1 Like

Good first project.