Crank up the music!

Let’s “Make” a mix tape to play in a boombox! Made this super cool 3d cassette tape the other day on the laser and now I made this super cool boombox that you can insert the tape into! How cool is that!

Here is my assembly video, it shows inserting and removing the tape in the first few seconds:

29 Likes

How many D batteries does that thing take?

6 Likes

Tree - D batteries lol… My bad attempt at humor since it’s made out of wood.

6 Likes

I love it! Now I want to build one where each “cassette” plays a different Pandora channel.

3 Likes

I was having similar thoughts. Great minds! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If it were my luck, it would take something I never have, like C’s or 9V…or 5 dozen AA

3 Likes

That is awesome! I love that you have prev and next. HAHA. You were definitely not born during the time of the Boombox. Rewind and fast forward.

6 Likes

Change the buttons to what you want it to say lol.

4 Likes

I edited my post. LMAO

3 Likes

Taken back to a Saturday in 1982, sitting in my bedroom listening to Casey Kasem and trying to record a song for an original mixed tape to be given to my 8th grade boyfriend.

Jeff ended up doing time for some type of murder but that is not important.

Market this incredible boombox to the Generation Z crowd.

3 Likes

That’s fabulous!!

I’m thinking a finger-sized hole in the back so you can “eject” the tape without tilting it forward :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you, however you would need two holes. One in back then one in the middle backing. You would also see through the box then too when the tape is out.

1 Like