Creating 3-Dimensional Illustrations for your Product Instructions in Illustrator

This is a pretty short video on how to make 3-dimensional drawings in illustrator. You start with your actual drawings for your project and make eye-catching renderings. I hope you like!

30 Likes

Yay! (And i mean that sincerely, that looks about a thousand times easier than Rhino.) :+1:

2 Likes

It is so simple! I tried to make it sound as easy as it actually is.

1 Like

Oooooo, gotta try that, thanks!

2 Likes

You will have it down in about 10 mins! LOL

2 Likes

I’ve admired your instructions in the past for looking incredibly professional - and now I know how you do it!

1 Like

They are super simple! Anyone can do it!

2 Likes

Finally watched it. That was brilliant! I’ll bet you could also “virtually” assemble the pieces into the slots and get a finished rendering.

2 Likes

Thank you! Next time I send someone a build-it-yourself I’ll include instructions! haha

1 Like

I am glad you liked it! As for virtually assembling finished pieces…Well, yes and no. even though the slots are open, you are still working on planes of the drawing. The whole piece is either in front or back of the other. When I want a complete drawing I have to cut some pieces up to show the reveal on the underside or back end of pieces. It’s still fun for me to figure that out. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Awesome. Glad you like them!