Creating custom jigsaw puzzle patterns in Inkscape

That really is a new level of evil! At least it made the entertainment last longer.

1 Like

23:54…on a small phone screen…Probably could have done better on the computer since I spent alot of time trying to grab a piece…lol

1 Like

The acorns are dropping. Thought this photo would make a good puzzle.

22 Likes

Gorgeous picture! (Great puzzle potential!)

4 Likes

That’s awesome!

So are you saying you don’t mind if I use it on my Glowforge?

3 Likes

That would be an exceptional puzzle.

1 Like

Of course, another way to learn to hate acorns would be to load that image into your illustration software of choice, add a layer, activate the pen tool, and start vectorizing. :smiling_imp:

6 Likes

That would be an awesome puzzle!!

1 Like

So folks who already have laser, print the picture out nice and pretty, use laser safe glue and attach to some thin plywood, What’s best to get the picture to not be ruined by the smoke/soot picture on the bottom or picture looking up at the laser?

2 Likes

don’t have a laser personally (yet…), but from what I’ve read, whether you are using a laser, or a scroll saw, you still have to mask the image to keep it from being damaged.

1 Like

i would think picture up, to benefit from the air-assist. As I understand from what other folks have said, upside-down would be much more susceptible to grid-charing from the smoke that swirls and gets caught in the honeycomb
For a detailed photo-etch I can’t imagine using a mask, I think you would have way too many little bits of masking material to pull off afterwards.

2 Likes

for a photo-etch I’m sure you are right. A mask would be a nightmare. You would be at the mercy of your air assist on that one. Got me to wondering if there was a finish that you could apply first that would minimize smoke damage without interfering with the laser too much. Anyway, as to cutting puzzles, masking is frequently the standard procedure for the guys who do it professionally.

2 Likes

Photo is up for grabs. I don’t care who does what with it. I can take many more!:point_up_2:

8 Likes

Ok.currently my background on my computer at work​:grinning: I love fall and this gives me warm fuzzys​:heart::heart:

4 Likes

I love finding a simple solution to a seemingly complex problem! Thanks for sharing

2 Likes

Liberty Puzzles makes WONDERFUL puzzles. They’re so delightful.

2 Likes

From hack-a-day post… SVG puzzle generator.

http://www.wolfiesden.com/Laser/PuzzleCreator.asp

13 Likes

Did you ever make the acorn puzzle? I would love to see the results. Anyone else make it?

I did. I never went back to improve the graphic and cut.

1 Like