Cribbage Board Success!

Hello, All! I’ve had my Glowforge for just over a month now and I’ve been having such a blast with it.

Even before it arrived, I wanted to make cribbage boards. I saw a picture of one somewhere that I really liked and then couldn’t find it again when I needed it. So, I started to experiment and came up with something I’m pretty pleased with.

I’ve already sold one. I have two ready to take to the market on the weekend.

47 Likes

Nicely done!

I love cribbage… my grandparents played every day until they no longer could and kept a diary of wins, losses, and skunks. My husband also likes cribbage, but he refuses to count out loud and it drives me insane. He just calculates his hand in his head and pegs on. I don’t know why it bugs me so much, but we can’t even play together.

4 Likes

Thank you, ChristyM!

I feel your pain! LOL It bugs me when people don’t count out loud too. How do I know if they missed points I can steal if they don’t count out loud!?

4 Likes

Exactly. I keep trying to explain this. But that’s OK… my kids are at a good age to learn, so I’ll have to teach them the right way before he gets to them!

3 Likes

Those boards are very nice looking…

3 Likes

I’ve never played cribbage … but, I think your board is beautiful! Love the shape … it just looks elegant!

1 Like

He must at least announce his total out loud while pegging and leave the cards visible to allow correction: http://www.cribbage.org/NewSite/rules/rule9.asp

4 Likes

Yes, he does. But it’s not the same. :wink:

1 Like

What do they look like from the side?

2 Likes

Wonderful work on the board!

1 Like

I’m still working on that! I tried using iron-on edging, but that was a bit of a disaster. I thought about simply sanding and painting the sides, but I worry that the layers may still separate over time. I’m now going to attempt to enlarge the top and bottom layers ever so slightly and put the edging on the middle layers only so that the top and bottom of the edging rests between the top and bottom layers. With the darker outer edge of the top and bottom layers standing out against the lighter edging, I think it will look quite stunning. I will post a picture when I have achieved a passable result.

3 Likes

Wow this is awesome!!
Would you share how you made this? I really want to make my dad one but not sure how to go about it I’ve only had my glowforge for two days. I want to make a Marines one for my dad thank you.

1 Like

You are in luck. The files are for sale in the original poster’s etsy store.

1 Like