Crumb Tray seating grooves backwards

Since getting our new glowforge last week we have been unable to properly align any of our projects. I went about cleaning the glowforge bed out to make sure nothing was interfering with the seating of the crumb tray and I realized the crumb tray was not set in its grooves at all.

I cleaned everything out and attempted to reseat the crumb tray and found that it was impossible, the tray simply cannot be placed in the grooves, unless u turn it around and put it in backwards. When putting it in backwards the crumb tray seats immediately and without problem.

Has anyone heard of an issue like this where the bed seems to have been manufactured backwards? What should I do, is there any reason I should not use the crumb tray backwards.

Can you post a picture or video? That seems really unusual.

1 Like

How odd! The crumb tray must not be used backwards as the plastic and metal portions of the tray would not be in the right places.

Photos would be very helpful - would you either post some here or email support@glowforge.com?

I’ll also note that it’s common to need to press firmly to close the front door with the tray properly in place – it can seem like it won’t close without moving the tray, but then it does.

1 Like

Agree with @chris1. Picture needed.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.