Cryptex

Was deeply inspired by a YouTube video i saw (credit where credit is due: https://youtu.be/OAgdxRz9CXs) so i thought, hey i can do that! :bulb: I got to it and put my engineer hat on then put my spin on their design in Fusion360.

There are 481,890,304 possible combinations with one being the answer if you can solve my riddle (engraved on the side).

Riddle: “When you have it you want to share it, but once you share it you no longer have it”

Comment if you solve it!..no googling! :neutral_face:

31 Likes

Beautiful cryptex!

If I share the answer, will I no longer have it?

1 Like

I would take a guess that it’s a secret. (If that’s not it, don’t break my heart.) :smile:
Great cryptex!

5 Likes

Correct! :clap::slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yaaaaayyyyyy! Do I win a cryptex? :wink:

3 Likes

Worst Password ever, “I would let you have the password but it is secret”

2 Likes

With apologies to Spaceballs
“And change the combination on my luggage!”

4 Likes

It would be useful for all the times you have to change your password you just line up one and go down by the number of times you have had to change it.

Nice! Is it possible to rearrange the letters, that way you can change the answer to be something else?

2 Likes

This is awesome! Am astounded that you could design something this intricate!

2 Likes

Sooooo that was my intent (and how they do it in the video above)…I didn’t realize i had a design flaw until i got too far and started putting things together :sweat: . I know what to do for next time!

1 Like

Oh wow, incredible job on this!

2 Likes

That’s why I make my password “incorrect” so in case I ever forget, my computer will tell me"Your password is incorrect"… :shushing_face:

10 Likes

The original creator also happens to be a member on the forum! @m_raynsford your designs are front page again :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Looks like a great job and your locking bars certainly look more secure than mine.
One day I’ll have to revamp my design just to keep ahead of these other awesome designs.

7 Likes

Ha thanks for the fun project!! It’s a small world after all…