CTA Token Pendants (or Keychain?)

I was going through my stash and found these old Chicago Transit Authority tokens. I wanted to make something unique (there’s a lot of cufflinks and earrings made from them) and came up with this. I’m not sure if I will sell them as pendants or keychains. Maybe both?

I’ve had my Glowforge plus for 2.5 weeks and I’m having so much fun with it! There aren’t enough hours in the day to create all the things I have swirling in my brain!

40 Likes

Write them all down because you’ll find time eventually!

6 Likes

Nice work with the tokens. I am glad your Glowforge experience is so positive. Please keep sharing your creations.

2 Likes

Are they the same thickness as your material (as in visible from both sides)? Very cool idea for any kind of coins.

2 Likes

These are super nice! I think I prefer the lighter colored one, but both looks great!

1 Like

I used two pieces of 1/16 inch basswood so the back isn’t visible but I may make them one piece of 1/8 and encase the token in resin so that it can be seen from both sides.

1 Like

Thanks. I was wondering if a nice tight fit and crazy glue in wood the same thickness would work. I have a few tokens kicking around I may try that with someday.

1 Like

Keychains. I bet the bus drivers/engineers would buy them. I wonder if the current transit authority would do them as holiday party gift?

2 Likes

Lol, I don’t have that many tokens!! But I do think it would make a nice gift for a CTA driver or engineer.

1 Like

You could engrave replicas from acrylic, hit them with rub 'n buff while still in the sheet on the bed. That design lends itself perfectly to that process.

3 Likes

Very neat idea!

1 Like