CTRL-A Rotate Bug

It seems I cannot rotate selected items if I select them using CTRL-A unless you first translate them a bit. If you just click to select an item, the rotate works fine.

Interestingly enough, Ctrl-A will select all but when you click on the rotate icon it deselects everything, but if you just drag a box around everything you can rotate everything just fine.

Bug? Feature? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Not seeing that here. Rotate nubbin works the same whether CTRL-A or drawing a box around them. Which browser? Chrome on Mac here.

It’s funky because each object rotates individually, and the “bounding box” changes size, but they don’t rotate around a central point. Each object rotates about its own center.

Today Ctl-A seems to work just fine - but they definitely all rotate together! Chrome 80.+ on PC

1 Like

Thank you for letting us know about this! We’re having trouble reproducing this on our end. In the other forum post you made on a different topic, you shared that you were using Chrome 80 on Windows 10. Is this the same browser you were using when you noticed the issue with rotation?

If you have a chance, would it be possible for you to provide us with a screen recording showing the app behavior? If so, that would be a huge help while we look further into this!

Yes it’s the same browser.

Here’s a screen capture.

1. I select the shapes with a drag, they rotate together fine.
  2. I try several times using CTRL-A, but when trying to click the rotate button, it just deselects the obects.
  3. Finally, after using CTRL-A, if I translate the group a bit, the rotate button works fine.

Yup. That’s exactly the behavior I was seeing yesterday as well…that went away today. SO weird!

*Interesting point - when I went to check which version of browser I was on, it did a “checking for updates”. I didn’t note which 80.+ I was on, so they may have done a tiny adjustment - worth checking?

Thank you for sharing the screen capture. We’ve reproduced what you’ve shown internally and the team is investigating. We’ll follow up as soon as we have additional information.

1 Like

Thank you for your patience while our team looked into this. Will you please restart your browser, try selecting a design with multiple elements using CTRL-A and then let us know if the same rotate behavior is occurring?

No change in behavior.

Thank you again for your patience. I’m sorry there’s been a long wait since we were last in touch. Our team has made a change on our end. Will you please let me know if the select and rotate tool is now behaving as expected?

Unfortunately I still see the same response. However, I also noticed today, which I don’t know if it was like this before, that when using CTRL-A to select the objects, clicking and dragging on any of the selection box nodes translates the selection intact rather than stretching/scaling it as it does when individually or drag selecting.

I appreciate you reporting back. I’ve been able to confirm that the Ctrl+A rotate issue may still be occurring, and I’ve asked the team to look into that.

However, I’m not entirely clear on the additional behavior you’re describing. I’m sorry to ask for even more of you, but is it possible to get a video of this behavior as well? Your video when you reported this bug earlier in the thread was very valuable.

Thank you for the detailed video, I was able to follow the steps shown and confirm the behavior you reported on our end. I’ve shared it with the team so that we can look into this further.

Thank you for the reports which brought the app behaviors you noticed when using Ctrl+A to our attention. I just wanted to follow up and let you know that the team is continuing to investigate this, and I’m going to close this thread for now.