Custom cribbage board

Love it!

Very fun. Great job.

The holes where lasered by the way I understand it so the could have been round? I make cribbage boards like the one in the picture below and would love to make the layout different designs. I had never thought to use the laser to make the holes. I use a metal jig and dril the holes out. It is very tedious and time consuming. Thank you for sharing.

21 Likes

Yeah I thought about putting one on but we didnt play those rules so left it off…

eeek! That would be tedious. Lasering is the way to go! Just make the 5x3 pattern, group them and then replicate (use the clone feature if your design software has it so if you need to change the hole size they’ll all change).

1 Like

It was actually a bit more challenging because I needed to keep the squares orientated correctly around the curves. They were also larger than round holes so I couldn’t fit the spaces between the groups of 5 without making the board really big…hense the cross lines every 5 squares.

1 Like

For the first prototype of my lighthouse cribbage board, I marked the hole locations with pencil, ruler, and compass and drilled them with a corded electric hand drill. For the next few prototypes, I stepped up to a drill press while still laying out each board by hand. Then I found a company with a CNC router to cut and drill the next 100 boards.

3 Likes

Sounds like you are way ahead of the game than me. I am just figuring out that I have no clue of the limitations of what i can and can’t do with a laser!!! I have learned so much from everyone on this forum.

3 Likes

now I finally figured out what my first project will be! Thanks for sharing. Hubby and I still play Cribbage

4 Likes

Sub cribbage boards enthusiasts think alike I suppose.

9 Likes