Custom drawer divider

It. Fits. So. Perfectly!! Oh, my organizational heart is all a twitter!!

3 Likes

Great job on that! Next you’ll be organizing everything in sight.

2 Likes

What is Amazon Box? or did you mean you test it out ON an amazon box?

1 Like

this is AWESOME!!! Why haven’t I thought of doing this {staring at my desk junk drawer}

1 Like

I’ve done something similar, using my box model with movable dividers. My wife thinks they’re great.

1 Like

:laughing: I have a :proofgrade: -style “Amazon Box” type defined in my Glowforge Material Manager. It’s just literally cardboard used for general Amazon boxes. Great source of free material, I get a few every couple of days.

1 Like

@jbpa I started out planning to make it movable, but then I realized it was near golden-ratio parameters, so I just cleared the extra holes and set permanent dividers. The clean layout is better for my OCD. :grinning:

…but out of the whole thing, I missed about a third of a partial hole in the foundation. :frowning:

1 Like

call me old but WTF do you all mean by “amazon box”??
I mean I have a crap ton of amazon delivered and tons of empty boxes but WHAT?

1 Like

Laser cut the boxes Amazon sends you to prototype your projects.

3 Likes

Here’s the prototype made from broken down Amazon boxes:

I used that to decide which holes in the template could be deleted.

And this is my Material Manager screenshot:

don’t use boxes with oil/grease stains, and don’t burn unattended, since cardboard can flare up…but I cut this without masking, and as you can probably tell, there was not much charring/burning at those settings.

8 Likes

You might want to add a thick coat of varnish to that Draftboard as it is not at all happy in te presence of soap or water, and would even stand up to abrasion better too/

2 Likes

The drawer is holding electronics components, so hopefully it stays dry. :smiley:

Still, good idea…I have some shellac, but no varnish…To Amazon!

2 Likes

Thank you, I assumed that but you know what that gets ya… :slight_smile:
Many thanks for confirming i was not an A$$…

2 Likes

Wait… what!? Somehow I have missed this particular feature!

@trackzero that’s awesome. I can’t wait to get my glowforge!

I haven’t see the feature either - anyone have instructions on how to find the “Material Manager”?

I just checked app.glowforge.com without finding it and I really really want it.

The materials manager isn’t provided by Glowforge, it’s third party.

(I’m going to have to shift this thread to the Beyond the Manual section so that the discussion can continue. Any discussion of settings has to be kept there to keep from drawing flags.)

1 Like

Yes, please. Start a thread in Beyond the Manual regarding said third party Materials Manager! WANT! (These post-its ain’t gettin’ it done.)

1 Like

It’s already there - use the search feature. :rofl:

1 Like

Oh man, BURN! Fair enough. LOL

4 Likes