Custom etched drumsticks

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::heart::heart::heart::+1::+1::tongue:
I think smart-alecs are the most awesome type of people!

4 Likes

They look amazing! But is there any kind of rotational device used / needed for that?

I didn’t use the rotary for this since it was easily fitted on a 1/4" x 5" area. But yes, a rotary can etch all the way around designs.
I have a rolling pin just waiting to be etched with something all the way around… just haven’t decided on what…lol

2 Likes

You can go old school: “For when he comes home late!!” :laughing:

2 Likes

Very cool.

1 Like

Here are the bullet casings done with Thermark. Just used old casings…tarnish and all…lol

9 Likes

No date for when they took down the Thomas Smith?

16 Likes

I like the tarnish but didn’t know if it would impact the cermark marking down the road. I was thinking a clear coat might preserve the existing condition/character but prevent additional tarnishing. :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing!

Lol

An idea for etching the casings from a 21 gun salute…I would love to have had those in the case with the flag when my Dad passed.

6 Likes

I started to go there and then decided that might not be taken with the intended levity in this political and social climate.

2 Likes

Would have liked to have the ability to mark a casing with the young man’s name who was taking my daughter out.
Wouldn’t have to say a word, just show him the round with his name on it. :no_mouth:

13 Likes

Excellent idea !! :grin::heart::heart:

:joy: If you’re sitting in the living room cleaning your gun when he comes over the first time you get to see what his mettle is if he comes over a second.

(DISCLAIMER: tongue in cheek - don’t try this at home…not politically correct…not encouraging irresponsible firearm handling…etc etc.)

3 Likes

i already have 3 Dads loving the idea and have orders!! lmao

5 Likes

My brother got me a blood red machete from the Dominican Republic. If I have a daughter, I’ll probably be sharpening that when she brings a boy home. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Pretty funny. We were some guy’s daughter’s boy she brought over at one time :smile:

2 Likes

Um, probably shouldn’t laser a live round though? Would that be a way to put a pass through in a basic?:laughing:

10 Likes

Lol. Would probably void the warranty

My son on law makes his own bullets…I’m having him make some without the powder…so no blowing a hole in the laser casing :grin: no one will ever know they arent live ammo…:smiling_imp:

4 Likes

“This is in honor of the last boy who didn’t bring her home on time.”

2 Likes

You could always laser mark the casing, then load it with powder, bullet etc.

6 Likes