Custom parameters QR generator

My GoPro now has a QR generator for custom settings. Place the code in front of the camera and it adopts those presets. Is this possible with Glowforge? An app that generates custom QR codes so that we can develop custom materials and label them ourselves.

1 Like

I assume its a priority agreement with the ProofGrade suppliers to not undercut (no pun) their development. But so it is written, so shall it be done. We have a voice.
Add your support to this post and motivate our truly excellent partners at Glowforge!

1 Like

The QR on proofgrade does not contain the power or speed settings. Is just a unique identifier for the material.

So how does it work? No parameters? Maybe the parameters are encrypted in the software and, as such, inaccessible. I understand the business model, i just promote the creative model.

The ability to have custom settings is there. Just not that way. In the GFUI you can name any custom settings to use again.

I usually name them Species-thickness-special issues like this…

1 Like

Just has an identifier of the material that is looked up in an offline index with proper settings. That way the company can change automatic settings as they see fit for materials.

2 Likes

Great question! We have many presets for our Proofgrade materials available in the Glowforge App. When you scan your QR code on your material, the settings will be available and ready for your print. In addition, we have a few preset settings available for non-Proofgrade material, like 20 lb copy paper and Macbook Pros. We are always working to expand the materials and settings we’ll be able to offer in the future.

You can also create custom settings for your designs. This support page may be helpful for working with manual mode to develop custom settings.

A saved custom setting that you can apply to multiple designs with a custom QR code is a great idea for a feature - thanks for the suggestion! We haven’t announced anything like that yet, but I’m going to send it to our product team with a note that it came from a customer request.

I’m going to leave this open so the conversation can continue for a little while.

Since this seems to have quieted, I’m closing the thread now.