Custom settings gone!

It has been awhile since I have used my glowforge. But when I went into my files to engrave and cut something most of my custom settings are no longer in my custom settings. WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM??? I had lots saved for various materials all gone!! I don’t even know where to begin to figure it all out again. :sob:

1 Like

If these are engrave settings you’re looking for, you have a separate list of custom engrave settings for vector artwork versus raster/bitmap artwork. So if you upload a vector file, you will not see any of the settings you saved for raster/bitmap art. If you upload a raster/bitmap file, you will not see any of the settings you saved for vector art. You may be working with a different type of artwork than you did when you saved the settings you’re looking for.

2 Likes

Thank you! That is probably what happened. It was driving me nuts as in some of my files I could see some of the settings and in others not!

@cheryl.mae.serdar I am so sorry your custom settings are not appearing. I’d like to gather some additional information in order to best assist.

If possible, could you please send me a screenshot of what you see in the Glowforge app when this happens? Make sure to include the rulers in your screenshot and show as much of the bed as possible

To take a screenshot:

• Mac: Press Shift-Command-4 and click and drag a box around your image. You’ll find the screenshot file saved on your desktop.
  • Windows: Click on the Start Menu and type “snipping tool”. Open the Snipping Tool > New then click and drag a box around your image. Click the Save icon and name and save your file.

Send us the screenshot, and we’ll be happy to take a look.

Thank you for your response. I think i figured it out.

Thank you for letting us know. It’s great to hear that you were able to find a solution! I’ll go ahead and close this thread. If you run into trouble again, or have any questions for our team, please reach out and we’ll be happy to help.