Custom Sized Spice Rack

I moved recently and while I loved my spice rack, the new place has the stove in an island with a ledge that the spice rack just didn’t quite fit under. Also, the old spice rack limited me to 9 spices. I like to fill up at Market Spice at Pike Place, and anyone that’s been there knows you can’t limit yourself to nine options. Glowforge to the rescue! We ran some measurements, I drew some of my favorite characters on it to … spice it up (!) and voila, perfect fitting spice rack with waaay more space in it. We also stained the wood in two colors to match the kitchen a little better.

P.S. Granulated honey on eggs: :heart_eyes:
P.P.S. I made a funny :joy:

85 Likes

Nice job! And love the stain as well !!

3 Likes

Beautiful! Bookmarked!

2 Likes

Great design!

I kinda want you to re-do the top part with designs on it since you can’t really see your art work on the sides very well. BUT that’s just me. :smiley:

7 Likes

Creates lots of ideas ! Like labeling the holes for which spice (or even circular wooden labels that are engraved and glued onto the top of those lids) :relaxed:

7 Likes

Wow, not only are you a geek genius, but also an artist! Very cute little figures–that style is really popular in rubber stamps right now.

8 Likes

Awwwwww! Cool custom spice rack, but my favorite part is the engravings! :wink:

P.S. (What the heck is granulated honey on eggs?)

P.P.S. No, no, you made a bunny… :innocent:

9 Likes

This was already on my short list of things to do once my GF arrived. Now I’m really looking forward to it. Nice work.

6 Likes

Fantastic awesomesauce…is that an ingredient too ? Great work. I like the little tabs for this too.

3 Likes

I love the spice rack! I want to do something similar!

So… can you talk about that empire coaster?

6 Likes

9 Likes

Some coasters that have been bouncing around the family for years. I gave them to my sister when I moved and then she gave them back when she moved, and then I moved again but I kept them. :smiling_imp:

11 Likes

Genius! I know what I’m doing next time I have a forge in the house.

7 Likes

Nice piece of organization there for your new home! Thanks for sharing the inspiration. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I see TOTORO!!! Love him!

4 Likes

I love this project. That you had an old one that didn’t fit the new space and you measured and made a new one!!! This is what the glowforge is all about. Awesome execution :grin: It looks beautiful :smiley:

6 Likes

Market Spice at Pike Place

I love that place, their Vietnamese black pepper is sooooo fresh.

Funny you should build this, because I had a few similar things planned for the kitchen as soon as my GF shows up.

3 Likes

Okay, that sounds delicious, putting it on my list for next time we’re there!

2 Likes

I am new to the community. How do you get the design to use? Do we request it or am i just missing it? I really love this idea!

Looks like a generic box with holes on top. The festi box generator works great. I use an Inkscape box maker.