Cut Line Position Not Repeating

I run multiple passes on many of my projects and today the cuts do not repeat over the same path. I have checked the belts and they seem to be tight. The shift appears to be to the left on the second pass and then shifts more to the left on the third pass.

1 Like

Presuming that you don’t have anything sticking up that could be bumping the head as it goes over (even if it doesn’t stop it, a bump can reposition it) I would guess that there is debris either in one of the belt paths or something sticky on wheels or belts. Do a thorough cleaning including the removal of the belts and see if it fixes.

2 Likes

Thank you for responding. Just after posting this message, I noticed that my cross slide was skipping slightly. I removed the head and discovered that one of the rollers had cracked and then peeled away around the diameter of the retention screw. These are plastic, so I recommend having replacements on hand so that the machine isn’t down for long.
Broken Roller on Head

4 Likes

Yay for finding the solution so quickly - boo for broken parts. A staff member will be along shortly to get you hooked up with replacements! I bet you can request to buy an extra set at that point.

4 Likes

Hi @shannon.fox4343 - It looks like you were able to get in touch with us via chat, so I’m just circling back here to close up this topic and close the loop. Thanks!

2 Likes