New user here so this is probably something I’m doing wrong. That being said, i just did two jobs. The first was a die made over at Make a Box with some little skulls i put on the faces in illustrator. I uploaded it, changed the skull insides to engrave, the skull outlines to score and the side shape layer to cut. It printed perfectly but was a little loose so i headed back over to the Make A Box site, adjusted kerf and downloaded it.
I popped it back into Illustrator, literally just copied and pasted the skulls from the old file to the new one. They weren’t oriented right so i adjusted so that opposing sides added up to 7 like they should but made no changes to their color or layout. I uploaded it and set the layers just like the first job but this time, my GF cut out the skulls entirely. The kerf adjustment made for a perfect fit but the skull outlines just burned right on through.
I just went back and reviewed the previous and current job to look for any differences and the only difference i could find was that in the first file, there was a big rectangle set to engrave that i set to ignore. it didn’t come out in the 2nd run but i can’t see how that would affect anything.