Cut settings are wonky

I uploaded a new svg file using the Medium Draftboard. When I click on the cut tab, another image appears from another project I was doing. I see nowhere that i set it as a custom setting. Is there a way around this? When I click on the Engrave and Score tab, it will revert back to the new image I uploaded. Any ideas of what’s wrong?

What happens if you click " create a new blank design" and then drag your new file onto the interface?

It uploads the new file and recognizes the type of wood i’m using but when I click on the art icon on the left side under the type of wood i’m using, the engrave, cut, score, ignore tabs show up but the I select the Cut tab that’s when another file shows up instead of the new file i want to cut. It’s weird. I’ve rebooted my machine twice and it still happens.

Can you try clearing your cache or using a different browser?

I cleared my cache in my Edge browser and still does the same thing, then I tried Firefox and does the same thing

Do you have Chrome? It’s the most well-behaved for Glowforge stuff.

1 Like

I downloaded Chrome and it’s still doing the same thing whenever I click on the Cut tab another file shows up. And there’s no custom settings saved either.

Okay, I just restarted my laptop after installing Chrome… restarted the GF app and everything seems to be working fine now. Thanks you guys,

4 Likes

I’m glad you resolved it! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!