Cut twice

I had my settings for 1/4 Baltic birch as 140 speed / full and focus 0.23. Some times it cut and some times it didn’t. I can see the laser line on the back side so I did 2 passes and it worked great. My question is do I have to worry that the second pass will go through and do damage to my glowforge? I’ve never had to do more than one pass on anything. Thank you

It won’t hurt your Glowforge; it’s made for that. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you !

1 Like

If you watch the laser cut, the times it makes a flame will not cut as deep as when it doesn’t. Magnets, power/speed, and ornery wood can cause this.

Have you tried using the set focus/auto focus settings rather than enter a material height?

Yes I’ve done both.

I’m so sorry to hear that you are experiencing trouble.

Since this problem is being seen on materials that were purchased from another company, we can’t offer support for prints that don’t come out as expected. Materials may vary widely from piece to piece, even if they’re created by the same manufacturer. I’m going to move it to Beyond the Manual so other folks here can help. Should this happen with a print on Proofgrade materials, please open a new ticket in Problems and Support and we’ll help you right away!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.