Cuts, but won't engrave

I have an inkscape file, it’s an imported DXF. Saved as plain SVG. In Inkscape I filled in the circles, but left the cut lines alone. It cuts the file, and goes through the motions of the engrave, but no mark is made. Proofgrade settings on Proofgrade. 17%20PM

2 Likes

light%20pipe3

Double check that you don’t have 2 copies of the circles on top of one another. That will effectively cancel out the engraves.

4 Likes

Yah. That’s what it was. I had grouped the lot of them after importing. Thanks!

I would think that the UI displaying something to be engraved, and then not doing anything, but still going through the motions to engrave is poor behavior. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have had that happen that the GFUI will not do overlapping engraves. Even if one area is only overlapping 10% it will not engrave either one. this needs to be fixed in Inkscape. if you really want to insist I think you can make them different colors and put one on ignore, but not run both in the same round.

I’m so sorry that happened, but I’m glad you were able to get it resolved. We’ve seen this, too, and the team is looking into it. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic or email us at support@glowforge.com to let us know.