Cuts won't go all the way through material

Good evening!

I’ve had my GF for about 6 months and use it for dozens of my products.

As of late, I’m having increasing problems with cuts not going all the way through a material. It’s doing it on medium and thick acrylic as well as maple plywood. I have cleaned all the lenses/windows/mirror 3 times now and cannot figure out what may be obstructing the laser.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I am near tears trying to figure this out as my holiday order continue to come in.

Thank you so much

Until support gets back to you for specifics that might help, I suggest using hold down pins to make sure the material is flat and utilizing the set focus tool. The more important step while having this problem may be to work out some new settings. Do some small tests using a slower speed for cuts until you find a power/speed setting that works on your material. Start with proofgrade settings and slow the speed down by 5 or 10 to see if that works. Finally, print a Gift of Good Measure on medium draftboard with proofgrade settings. If everything is not perfect, support will need pictures and the time and date of the print.

1 Like

Double check you have the mirror installed the correct way!
I’ve had my unit for over 2 years now, but recently I had poor cutting/engraving performance–and sure enough, I put the mirror in upside down!!

1 Like

Wasn’t it your lens that was upside down? It would be hard to get the mirror to go in upside down. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.