Cutting a color laser or inkjet print

I cannot see a way to laser cut a laser or inkjet print. There is no way to synch a printer with the GF like a Cricut or Silhouette can do.
The reason is that you can’t place the cutting image exactly where you want it.

OR IS THERE A WAY and I can’t find it??

1 Like

No, that is correct…there will (hopefully soon) be a Snapmarks function added to the Premium subscription that will enable you to tie in your cuts to a printed result the way the Silhouette does.

But it has not come out yet…it’s just been Beta tested at this point. :slightly_smiling_face:

There are some work-arounds, but they are a bit time consuming.

(Do make sure that you have run the Camera Calibration and are using the Set Focus tool when you align them visually…really helps for single items.)

3 Likes

Jules

thanks, there’s a guy like you but on the Formlabs website that is very knowledgeable on the FL2 and FL3; maybe a cousin?

Alan

No, I can just about guarantee he’s no relation…my family tends to be quite techno-phobic.

Makes for fun holiday gatherings. :smile:

3 Likes

Made on a Glowforge is a forum section for showcasing photos of your creations made on the Glowforge. I’ve moved this to an appropriate section.

You can do it, but it’s a bit manual-here’s how I did it:

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.