Cutting, alignment, and print-ready problems part 2

Continuing the discussion from Cutting, alignment, and print-ready problems:

Continuing the discussion from Cutting, alignment, and print-ready problems:

Due to an unexpected family emergency, I had to leave town until a few days ago.

So I cleaned the crumb tray, cleaned the lens, got a piece of draftboard ready and tried to print. Everything was going fantastic, until I went to hit the button. Just like I mentioned before, it didn’t light up. Well, one time is no big deal. I restarted my glowforge, restarted my browser, restarted my modem and router and went through everything again. Try #2, no glowing button and no response when I pushed said button. Then I go through all the steps a 3rd time. Same outcome. I had to give up for the night due to it being late.

In response to the alignment issues, It’s not your typical alignment issues. I already get the thing where the print doesn’t line up with the camera. What is happening is that when I do a multipass cut, the 1st, 2nd, and sometimes the 3rd pass do not line up.

I’ll try again tomorrow… if the glowforge decides to even work. Also for your records, the first failure of tonight happened around 9:25 CST.

Here’s my browser.
whatismybrowser.com/w/W5837SY

Thank you for reaching out again and providing that information. I’m so sorry you’re still having trouble.

I’m looking into the issues with the button, and I’ll be in touch as soon as I have more information.

Unfortunately, the cut through and alignment issues require test prints, and I don’t have any further advice until you are able to print again.

Thanks for letting us know these additional details. I sincerely apologize for the late reply.

I’ll need a bit more information so we can investigate further:

1. Have you encountered the “no glowing button” issue as you described again since you opened this thread? Please try again and let me know how it goes.

2. If possible, could you please run a test print that will help us understand the alignment issue you’re experiencing, let us know the date and time of the print, and send us photos of the results? Since this does not fit the usual description of alignment trouble, it would be helpful to see an example before we suggest next steps.

Thank you in advance!

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.