Cutting alignment is very off and not straight

I followed the suggestions by support in this thread and nothing helps.

I am having the same issue. It has gotten really bad. I have cleaned the forge. The lens and mirrors - with microfiber cloths. I have turned on and off and even tried setting focus, nothing helps, the right side is always out of focus and blurry. It has gotten worse over time. It was always a little off, but now it’s major and I can’t cut projects. As you can see in one of the images I used the select grid over, a sheet of paper is not even scanning correctly, only 2 of 4 sides are straight lines and it should be all 90-degree angles.

Magnets can cause problems. If you are cutting paper, you’re really better off buying a Seklema mat, (Kind of pricey, but they work best to hold down the little cut bits which will wind up in your exhaust fan and will cause other problems later.), or if you are just cutting one or two sheets, then tape it down to the grid with green painter’s tape.

As far as the alignment goes…have you run the Calibration program, and are you using the Set Focus tool? If not, you’ll want to do that first…it tightens up the view on the individual machines.

I never use the magnets, I just put them on that test to show the paper did not move incase they suggested it was the paper moving. the paper doesn’t move for me normally since I use heavy card stock so it was just for the example shots and test to prove the paper was not the issue. And, as you can see it still does the same thing on the draftboard ruler test with no magnets.

I have tried auto focus, doesn’t do anything. I will try the calibration program now, didn’t know that exsisted.

That will hopefully improve things greatly. Once you have run the Calibration program, use the Set Focus before each print to establish the correct thickness for the material. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re running into trouble. I appreciate you including an example of the print occurring on the paper you are working with, as well as on Proofgrade material.

As @Jules pointed out, running the Camera Recalibrator may help reduce the offset in alignment you are experiencing. Please let me know if you see the same behavior after performing the recalibration, and I’ll send over the next best steps.

1 Like

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.