Cutting and focusing off! please help

I have had all kinds of issues cutting. I can’t cut through 1/4" at all and with 3 passes I have some items that I can’t go through 1/8" inch. My focus is off and I am wasting good material. I don’t have any proof grade draft board

only acrylic but here is what my gift of good measure cut looks like on 1/8" wood

I didn’t realize my friend was still signed in on her account on this computer when I posted the first time :crazy_face:

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Same thing applies:

Have you run the Camera Calibration routine and are you using the Set Focus tool on the wood right before you print?

Instructions are here in case you need the link:

Alignment

You might also need to clean the little circular windows on the bottom of the print head, and check the mirror to make sure it’s not dirty.

To be that far off, I would guess that the printhead was moved while the machine was on. I suggest you turn the machine off and back on with nothing on the bed. After that, print the Gift of Good Measure on the acrylic you have using Proofgrade acrylic settings. Do this only after you are sure all of your optics and fans are clean.

I just did the calibration, all lenses were cleaned before I did the cut. Going to try again,

Everything was cleaned and I just did the recalibration, going to try again. I haven’t been in the room all day to hit it. Crossing my fingers

Looks like that worked for alignment. Now to see if it will cut 1/4" wood, I don’t know if that will help that issue.

I’m so sorry to hear your Glowforge is having issues with cutting through material. glad to hear you were able to fix your alignment issue.

I would like to check over just a few things. Could you do the following for me?

Please post photos of all your cleaned optical components, with special attention to any damage you might find:

• Both windows
    • The printer head window, on the left hand side of the printer head
    • The laser window on the inside left of the Glowforge
  • The printer head lens
    • Both sides of the lens, top and bottom
  • The mirror inside the printer head
  • The bottom of the printer head

Once we have those pictures, we’ll follow up with next steps.

Hi @heinj. I received your follow up email regarding this issue. To avoid any confusion or miscommunication, I’ll go ahead and close this thread so we can continue the discussion via email. Thank you!