Cutting through but not cutting full shape

I’ve cleaned it, I’ve checked pulleys and restarted everything.

My wood is pinned down nice and flat and I’m using a file I designed that didn’t have issues yesterday (or the last 4 days I’ve been cutting it) and I’m using the same material I’ve been using for a month.

Trying to figure out why its misaligned my shapes *see circle cut, and isn’t finishing cutting shapes (edge photo is showing where it just isn’t finishing the full shape.

Advice please?

Welcome to the forum! :sunglasses:
My guess would be to check the gantry Belt Tension.

2 Likes

Your belt tension is not right or you have broken carriage wheels.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear that your print didn’t turn out as expected. Thank you for posting those photos.

This print results suggests that a part of your printer might not be moving correctly.

First, could you please double-check the tension of your belts for me?

When pressing lightly on one side of the belt, the other side should not move.

Like this:

(You should see an animated image above)

If the belts all feel snug, the next step is to check the carriage plate itself. Please remove the carriage plate and closely inspect all four wheels for any cracks or other damage. There are detailed instructions available here if you need them: Remove Carriage Plate and Air Assist Fan

Please post a photo what you find. Let us know if you have any questions.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.