Cutting Wide?

Hoping I can get some help with a problem I have been having. It started out when I went to cut out a rectangle from a piece of cardboard like I have done 1000 times to use as a template. The cut uses 3 passes to get through without charring the cardboard to much. The three passes didn’t line up. I did some searching that said it might be a belt tension problem so i adjusted that a but and it fixed the cuts not lining up but now the design is wider then it should be by abut 1/4 inch. It is cutting correctly length wise front to back but seems to be adding the 1/4 inch to the right side. Any ideas? I already tried the Gift of Good Measure and it looks fine but I believe is also longer then it should be (2.63 inches)

There is another belt underneath the laser arm, and if you are gaining on the horizontal, that might be the one that needs tightening. It’s a little hard to get to, but there are instructions here that you can take a look at…

1 Like

Thank you for the reply, that is actually the post i saw and tried adjusting that belt as well as running through the full cleaning procedures including taking the carriage off cleaning that. Unfortunitly no change

Hmmm. Not sure what else could cause drift. Did you turn the machine off and then let it recalibrate?

(Sounds like it might be a software problem if it’s not mechanical.)

1 Like

Many many an on off have been conducted. I have also tried adjusting that belt a couple other times with no luck

I’m stumped. Maybe Support will be able to see something from the logs…sorry. That wasn’t much help.

Thank you for chiming in!

1 Like

I can see that you’ve also reached out via email and that our support team has contacted you there. To avoid duplicate communication and expedite your process, I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.

1 Like