Dallas map

So about 10 minutes after I posted my hometown map on Facebook, I had a request for one for Dallas for a friend of mine. Few minutes of design work and about 45 minutes of laser time and here we are! I did the comma a little differently on this one, and honestly, I like it better. Before I would cut out the bottom of the comma, but this time I just did a score.

30 Likes

I love all these maps, but havenā€™t tried one yet. Ours would just be a big mostly blank square. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Iā€™ll just have to enjoy them vicariously, I guess!

4 Likes

Looks Great! Do you mask the maps?

2 Likes

Yeah, this actually still has the masking on it lol, hadnā€™t taken it off yet when I took the picture.

1 Like

Ah I was wondering. I want to make some just wanted to see if others mask theirs. I am not a fan of the smokey look. LOL

2 Likes

Me either, I just wanted to take a picture to send to the person that ordered it lol

1 Like

I know that feeling!!!

2 Likes

The customer is the one to please.
I did a fast design on some unmasked scrap to see if the basic design and size was what was wanted and they said yes.
So then I did a tidy one with the rest of the art work added on some better wood that was masked and did not show any ā€˜smokey lookā€™.
First reaction was ā€œwhere is the shading?ā€
So I just asked which direction they preferred it to streak towards and corrected my ā€˜mistakeā€™.
The struggle is real.

5 Likes

Yeah, the comma is great like that.

2 Likes

I understand that! Can never tell what people will like. Some of things I have made as test pieces and not even remotely finished, others think are great. I have the ā€œI never know when to say a piece is doneā€ syndrome. LOL

3 Likes

Yeah, I actually updated all the files I had made up of other locations to have the new comma style

1 Like

You could just change the scale, and include any trails, woods, fences, or similar places of interest,

2 Likes

How about the people?

1 Like

Much harder to keep accurate unless you have that one from Harry Potter.

1 Like

Great map!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like