Dashboard designs

We set up our Glowforge yesterday and discovered that if we loaded the “Gift for good measure” and then deleted it off our design, it is no longer available. Are these one time only designs? We have loaded a couple more and same result.

2 Likes

No, it is not a one time design. Designs are saved as they are closed. If you deleted something and then close the design, that part is deleted. However, Glowforge designs can be reset. Open the Gift of Good Measure. Click the three dots at the top of the interface. Select Design Details. Click reset.

1 Like

The question is, why would you delete them anyway?

Hello @aseeley61,

Thank you for reaching out to us. The ‘Gift of Good Measure’ designs are available for unlimited printing.

I have re-added both versions of the ‘Gift of Good Measure’ to your account. If you log off then back in to app.glowforge.com you should see the designs again.

Please let me know if you have any trouble accessing them.

Thank you. I am sure it is just part of the learning curve. So if I load a file from GF and then delete it, I am not just deleting it off my project?

There’s no reason to delete it. If you want to start something new just back up to the library screen (click the GF logo in the upper left) and you can see all your designs and make new ones. This would leave designs you bought/came with GF/loaded previously intact.

1 Like

If you delete a design from your dashboard, it will no longer appear in your library, however, you can always go to your dashboard and click the upload button to upload the file again. If you got the design from the catalog, we can add it back into your library, as Morgan just did.

Another thing to note is that when you edit a design on your Workspace, the changes are automatically saved as you make them. That means that if you close your browser, navigate to another page, or just hit refresh, your work will pick up right where you left off.

Should you make a change by mistake, you can use undo any time until you leave or refresh the page. If you want a clean start, you can always go to your dashboard and click the upload button to upload the file again. If you got the design from the catalog, then you can start fresh by opening the design, clicking on the three-dot icon, then Design Details, and choosing “Reset Design” to remove all changes.

I hope that makes sense- please let me know if you have any questions.

It does. It makes perfect sense. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.