Dead power supply..?

I was just cutting some proofgrade acrylic, the print was actually done, cooled off and I has finish picking up the pieces in the machine, a couple minutes later I heard a relatively loud sound like a large breaker going off coming from the right side of the machine, and the Glowforge power Off. I have a light connected to the same outlet and it stayed on with no flickering… meaning that it sounded very likely to come from the power supply of the machine.
Now I’m dying to open it up to go check for myself but don’t want to void anything…

I’ve had the GL for barely a month… :confused: since January 11th

Temperature range was good, power was stable, GF was clean-ish…

I hope it’s a easy fix… arg :frowning:

If it is a Pro model there is a safety interlock behind the machine right above the power switch. (Little black circle with a horizontal staple in it.) You might want to check that if you have a Pro model, but in any case, you’ll likely want to unplug it and wait to hear from support before you try to use it again.

Sorry! :neutral_face:

Worth checking but pretty sure that behavior is the same as lifting the lid, hitting cancel, etc. it won’t kill the power - it just cancels the print.

1 Like

Thanks guys,
It’s not a pro. It’s the first place I looked at, HOPING for a fuse slot back there., but unfortunately not.
Gosh I’m itching to open it up and look at that power supply … :worried:

Well, with all that warranty, you will get squared away. The only angst is that you will be laserless until the exchange.
So the machine won’t power up, nothing?

1 Like

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.