Defier of Gravity-Destroyer of Curtains...aka...Fat Cat Inspired

I love my cat. He is many things: liquid, blobby, lazy, hyper, bug hunter (…he leaves them for me to clean up), etc.

I’m always surprised how high he can jump for a chubby little fellow…though it’s not without incident…I’m not sure the phrase “cats always land on their feet” really applies to him.

Anyways, these earrings are inspired by him-and the collection of broken blinds and torn curtains he insists on decorating the house with…his practical re-design makes it easier for him to watch the birds outside…

My desk looks a little (cat) crazy right now…I drew out 24 versions of cats/curtains (and cut them out and poorly painted them) before devolving into my final cartoon version.

My daughter painted the white one…I am not to be trusted around paint after my first creation went from this:

to this:

The entire cat needed to be redesigned because I didn’t want to risk another painting fail on my part (where’d his ears go??)…I’ve got so many painting fails…I mean…I have such a wide variety of cat danglies now.

Here is the inspiration for my terrible paint job today…right after he finished chasing his tail for 10 minutes, he then took over my workspace

66 Likes

Very cute. Applies to everyone. That’s how cats are, that’s why you like them. :wink:

4 Likes

Nice earring. Even nicer looking cat.

7 Likes

Great job. These are adorable!!

4 Likes

Adorable all around! I am so glad my chonker isn’t a curtain climber.

5 Likes

Mine is more of a create a doorway through the blinds kind of guy.

4 Likes

These are wonderful and, as someone else owned by cats, also spot-on.

5 Likes

My favorite cat memes:

I’ve got one of each, keeps a nice balance.

17 Likes

I don’t see a painting fail…I mean that lil face and nose! Very cute

1 Like

You are too kind…the more I painted, the more I thought the colors matched, but the worse it started to look. :rofl:

6 Likes

I. Miss having a cat. Fun project.

4 Likes

You forgot his name. The kitty’s name on the earring is Roy Bacon. The kitty is on the chubby side because he eats too much of Christy’s bacon.

Earrings look awesome!!!

1 Like

Love these they look amazing!

2 Likes

Oh gosh, words can’t describe how much I love these! The tiny toe beans—perfect!

2 Likes

Holy Cat-Nip, Batman! These are so freakin’ cute!! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

By the way, your model is pretty cute too. His coloring is unusual for a male cat. I would have said calico if it was a female. What do you call his coat pattern?

3 Likes

No clue. I didn’t know male and female had different patterns. I feel like they said he was “dark tiger,” but aside from his back, he’s pretty much all white.

1 Like

There are some coat colors that are predominately one gender or another. Here’s an interesting article about that:

4 Likes

Wow, I definitely learned something new from that. My cat doesn’t have any red/orange on him. Just varying shades of brown and some very light tan. I feel like finding his adoption papers and see what they classified him as. I really can’t remember.

1 Like

Cats are my kryptonite.
Lychee eye, sneezing, wheezing.

Those are pretty earrings.

1 Like