Degreaser

Where to use it where not to?

Care to elaborate? Are you asking the glowforge support staff about degreaser?

They don’t really elaborate where to use it or I missed it want to make sure using it right

well they tell you where to use it but how do you know its clean if you cant see it

Sry I have no idea what you are talking about.

1 Like

What part of fan cleaning are you trying to perform? What instructions are you starting from?

I’m going to assume you’re talking about the 3M degreaser used to clean the exhaust fan. (It’s the fan located in the left rear corner where you attach the exhaust hose.) It doesn’t take much of the spray to do a good job. If you have a Pro model and can’t easily see the fan, just shine a light in from the back through this grate and you can see the fan blades enough to tell if they’re reasonable clean.

This links you to the official cleaning instructions. The info about using the 3M degreaser is under the “exhaust” section.

3 Likes

Make sure you use the spray recommended in the link kittski provided. It is meant for electronics. Other degreasers like W-D40 will ruin the electronic components of your GF. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

thanks everyone i did it came out great

I’m glad you resolved it! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!

1 Like