Design not lining up when cut

Hey! Question, I got my glowforge about a month ago so am still quite new but when I cut a design it did not line up once cut vs what it showed on my design dashboard. Do I need to calibrate my machine or something, its so new I wasn’t sure if that could be an issue already, any suggestions would be SUPER helpful, thanks!! I’ve included the screenshot of the designs alignment before cutting and a photo of the finished cut

Actually, you got pretty close…the difference might have been caused by the difference in height between the watch strap and the place where you took the height measurement on the plywood.

Couple of things to try:

Click in this approximate area with Set Focus before you finalize your design placement…it will correct the view for that watch band height.

Second thing is to not use that Honeycomb Pin to hold the strap down…if they are sticking up too far, the air assist can hit them and bounce the design out of alignment. (I’ve had it happen…you need to watch for air under the pins.)

Just try taping it to the wood, that will hold it.

2 Likes

Oh no, I’m sorry you’ve hit a snag.

@Jules had some excellent suggestions. Can you try performing the print without the hold down pin, and use Set Focus on the left side of the band?

Let us know how it goes!

Hi @cmhrlemos. It’s been a while since Jeremy’s response, and I wanted to check in to see if you were still having any trouble with prints. Let us know if @Jules suggestions were able to help, and we can continue any needed troubleshooting steps from there. Thank you!

1 Like

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.