Design Stuck in Rendering

Hi, one of my designs refuses to open up. It has been stuck in “rendering your design” for almost an hour. It’s halted my production significantly. Ive restarted my computer, cleared my cache and signed in and out of glowforge and nothing has helped.

Can you open the file in your graphics program and simplify it in any way?

I created it in the glowforge program. I’m not sure how to get it out of there.

Well, that rules out opening it anywhere else. Hopefully Glowforge Support can help you out.

1 Like

To get it out of the glowforge GUI press the three dots and select export design to save it to your computer. This won’t solve your problem but just an FYI on how to save your design. Possibly you could try exporting the design, opening with a design software like inkscape, saving it and then importing it back to the GF to see if it will open.

2 Likes

Sadly, you can’t get to the three dot option until the design opens, and if it is stuck rendering it isn’t open.

2 Likes

there has been a bunch of people having issues opening glowforge produced files, so this one I think needs to wait for a tech.

Jonathan

1 Like

Did you see anyone who was able to resolve it?

Have you tried restarting the machine and rebooting the computer or whatever device you are using?

I’ve turned off and on both the glowforge and my mac. Is there another way of rebooting the glowforge besides shutting it off?

you could hold down the button till it goes teal, then reconnect to the wifi, it may help.

Jonathan

Hello@valdesstephanie98 I am sorry to hear about the Rendering The Design issue you are having. I saw that you also made an email ticket as well. I went ahead and responded to you there. I am going to close this thread to mitigate any confusion and miscommunication. Thank you!