Designing things I always wanted...my Heddle Loom #homemade

Great job!

6 Likes

LOL. Thank You!

3 Likes

Oh, I will be buying this one. Iā€™ve been wanting a loom, but couldnā€™t justify the cost.

4 Likes

Getting it ready to go up now. A little involved on the instructions. LOL

1 Like

I can imagine!

1 Like

Added it to my store! https://www.etsy.com/listing/778899820/small-tabletop-heddle-loom-laser-cut?ref=shop_home_active_1

10 Likes

Already bought it. :slight_smile: Now I just need some 1/4" ply!

Do your plans com with commercial license? Not a huge deal either way, but I might try to sell some kits.

4 Likes

Crap I forgot to put that in the description. Thank you for your order. Yes you can make as many as you want!

6 Likes

I showed your design to a friend. She asked me to make her one, only with an exterior frame Iā€™d have to make with traditional woodworking tools. Sheā€™s picky about aesthetics. lol Iā€™m glad youā€™re including a commercial license in the sale. Very nice of you, considering the reasonable price.

I think youā€™ve come up with a winning design here.

7 Likes

Love it!!! Amazing work!

Will hold off buying until time frees up ā€¦ but, I do have to have this one. Was just wondering yesterday if the Grandchildren would enjoy weaving. This is perfect to give that a go!

2 Likes

Bought! Thank you so much for the great design and super clear instructions.

One small note: the instructions pdf I downloaded starts with page 2 and has page 1 at the end. Not sure if itā€™s just me but it shows up this way on multiple devices.

2 Likes

Thank you! I will check it out to make sure! Please let me know if you have any questions.

2 Likes

Would it be possible to see this ā€œin actionā€? Iā€™ve seen weaving done on bigger looms. Amazed at your design skills.

1 Like

I will take a video and show you. Iā€™m working on a piece right now. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

OK. Try number 6 is the lucky number!

Here is a quick video of how the loom works. The one I am using is the first frame style. The file that is on Etsy is the Improved version. I just didnā€™t feel like printing out a new one. Everything else is exactly the same for the file. The only thing different are the sides. I hope this answers your questions, if not let me know.

9 Likes

It actually created one :thinking: Like with a single heddle, how did you manage the diagonal weave?

3 Likes

I just picked up the strings 2 at a time and moved over by one on the next round. Then I used the heddle for the basic weave with the 2nd color in between each row.

2 Likes

You have my mind working on a simple non-electric Jacquard loom idea involving bamboo skewers.

1 Like

That can easily be done. I have seen some pretty cool things done with basic rigid heddle looms. You can also make rugs just by tying the yarn on the warp and then running a weft after each row of tying. Lots of stuff to do!

2 Likes

So many rabbit holes, so little timeā€¦

1 Like