Let me address the logo first: it looks like you are using Draftboard. Its texture internally is lots of chaotically arranged plant fibers pressed together (and they don’t like it!), so that’s going to be evident in places that need more detail, or better contrast, things like this.
It’s a good medium for testing ideas, placement, size, quality control on the ideas themselves. But if it’s your logo, then every misplaced detail is painful to behold.
I’d suggest you work with a few guaranteed designs in your target medium–let’s say 1/4" Maple Hardwood. Get some really nice cuts out of 2/3 of the board. Now you can look at the remainder as scrap, and it won’t hurt your soul to go make and learn from mistakes! (Because hey, it’s only scrap; gotta do something useful with it.)
I can’t help too much on the acrylic, since I had the exact same experience on my one transparent sheet. My recommendation is to go dig that ‘waste’ piece out of the trash, and treat it like scrap! There are a bunch of test settings designs to be found in the community. Make that piece work for you, after all. (Note, my sheet was not PG, so it’s interesting we had the same trouble.)
I’d gotten out of the practice now of powering down, then back up, all of my electronics on a regular basis (weekly), including modem and router. I used to telework, so it was necessary electronic hygiene. Lately I’d been lazy…until I got the Glowforge. Almost all of my initial problems could be traced back to poor wifi connections for the GF, computer, and wifi router; all three had to be freshly connected within the last few days. [I’m retired now, so it’s not my employer’s equipment I’m fouling.]
Wow, sorry for the looooooong answer, but this was the sort of advice I’d give my enameling students when they made “mistakes”. (Well, excluding the wifi answer, of course.)