An entire sheet of Thick Black Acrylic… in the trash.
I can UL a pic if you’d like, but I already see what happened… Apparently, it never bothered to read the QR code when I stuck it in, and used the settings from the Medium Red Acrylic I’d used earlier. It’s not that it said “Unknown Material” or something… It clearly didn’t attempt to read it.
Right this moment, I’m very angry. I spent the better part of the day working on this design, testing kerf for inlays… And I was so happy while it was cutting. And then I lifted the sheet and saw what happened. And now I don’t have time to cut another sheet. Maybe Monday.
I’m asking for two things:
- Please credit me a sheet of Thick Black Acrylic
- Please identify and correct the cause where it didn’t attempt to read the QR code when I changed materials. I was going back and forth all day and, of course, it seems it failed only when I was in production mode rather than testing.
EDIT: I was thinking about it. It actually failed to attempt to read the QR code twice. About 15 minutes prior to the scoring/cutting job I was talking about above. I’d put the Thick Black Acrylic in and did an engrave job, took that acrylic out to see something, then put it back in to do the score/cut job. So, yeah, it didn’t attempt to read the QR code twice, it seems.