Didn't Cut Through! :-(

Haven’t had THIS happen in a while. Cut 2 of the same thing, on the same sheet of Medium Maple Ply… no issues. Cut a 3rd, again on the same sheet of material, and it only cut through 1 of 4 sides (it was a rectangular cut)!

The interesting thing is, you can actually see that there wasn’t enough power when I looked at the top of the sheet. I didn’t notice any issue until I flipped it over. But then I looked at the top again and it was pretty obvious where it went through and where it didn’t. There was clearly less burn/smoke residue where it didn’t cut through.

I don’t have any pictures because I wasn’t sure if it was just a near-miss that I could just push through, or nowhere near. Turns out it was nowhere near and just got destroyed when I tried to push it through.

And the worst part of it all? I’m running it off again, but the gift for my son’s friend’s birthday won’t be ready for when we have to leave to get him there. So now he has to show up without a gift. I’ll bring it when I pick him up, but still. Sucks when things go wrong and the fault is not mine.

I’m not looking for a solution here. I’ve had the machine for years… I get how it works. I clean the machine before I do anything. The material was flat. The table it’s on is still flat as well. Possible bad section of the sheet of material. No issues prior to this for the past couple of years. This happened. I don’t expect it to happen again. But if it does, I’ll certainly let you know.

So, all I’m looking for is credit for 1 sheet of Medium Maple Plywood, please.

Thanks!

Thank you for letting us know, I’m sorry for the trouble with your print. I’ve followed up in email with more information about your Proofgrade material.