Disappointed by included material

Anyone else get their “$75 worth of free material” and feel disappointed that it didn’t look like the photo on the website?.. mine was only clear acrylic and draftboard with a tiny piece of leather and hardwood… I was really hoping for the different colors of acrylic.

No, they’ve never included colored acrylic in the testing samples that they send along so that people can get comfortable using the laser. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I wouldn’t have had an issue if they wouldn’t have put this on my account…

1 Like

Can’t say - I’ve had a machine for 3 years, and they were sending different stuff back then. (Didn’t have the color selection for instance - they didn’t even have Draftboard back then.) :wink:

2 Likes

I can confirm it was mostly draft board and clear acrylic from 4-6 months ago as well.

2 Likes

I’ve never seen that picture, but if I had, I’d be disappointed, too. Not having seen it, I was pretty happy with what I got. Unfortunately, $75 doesn’t get you very far with PG materials, so that stack isn’t even close to reasonable.

I think, though, that once you stop relying on those materials and see all the other things out there to laser (tons of options here on the forum), you’ll forget about your starter pack pretty quickly.

Enjoy your lasering!

3 Likes

I agree. Although draftboard is simple to use it is also VERY expensive and more a way for the company to earn money. Learn to use common materials and buy in bulk. You’ll have so much more fun with the machine.

2 Likes

You seem to be the laser-victim-equivalent of the fast food commercial that doesn’t look like the food you actually get.

Except, everyone knows that about food commercials.

And of course fast food isn’t $75.

They should say something along the lines of sample proofgrade materials to get you started and remove that picture - if you have access to the proofgrade shop you know that is more than $75 of material at MSRP.

1 Like

In a Fast Food commercial, you are least get all the components shown. They just ain’t as pretty :hamburger:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.