Disappointment is an understatement

There was another active member of the group from the VI that lost the machine in Hurricane Maria, I gather that circumstances are very difficult there. These machines do not respond well to corrosive circumstances.

When dealing with emails I have found that replying to emails works much better than masses of extra emails as the entire conversation is there and they do not have to chase them down. Not everyone manages to do this and are very frustrated as a result.

I agree.

and to avoid shipping damage I picked mine up from the depot.

the last mile is the worst.

I picked mine up from the depot. The box was banged to heck and when I got there it was leaning against a wall on a short side, which I discovered had caused coolant to leak all over that side - but only a couple of years later when I removed the left top panel to take out the failed exhaust fan.

Thats easier said than done if you don’t have help to do so…

Im worried now and dealing with BS already and I dont even have the machine yet

When I got my first machine I had no issues… I did not develop issues until recently and I had my first machine over three years.

awesome, so did not mean for this thread to have the above happen. I just stressed out and seeing so many Happy people but yet so many upset over issues it has be concerned. Thank You for your help

1 Like

Update: Second machine came with the glass shattered in pieces. Waiting on third machine… UPS won’t call back although urgent calls have been placed… If this machine does not work I won’t be doing another and asking for a refund this is too much and too stressful…

I would really try to figure out a way to pick it up FROM the DEPOT.

historically the “last mile” is where the damage occurs.

Good Luck, and I’m sorry this has been your experience.

1 Like

I know @ca_worth echoed it but just quoting what I said above. Its solid advice!

I hear you but I don’t have anyone to help like that. My son is not here, I am single, which means most people are working and can’t get off to go there in time. It’s not possible. I don’t called ups three times in the past two days getting a live person on the phone or someone from the hub to call back is also close to impossible. I complained on twitter please all that person did was give some canned formed response … Im so over this dumb ish idk what to do…

It I had help I would but I don’t so I can not

I posted my experience picking up at a UPS hub above, box was already beaten to heck and machine was standing on its left side. The only reason I had it held was because I was traveling when it was due to be delivered.

This is the wrong time of year to be trying to get anyone from a UPS hub on the phone, They are swamped.

Neither of those has anything to do with Glowforge, but they have their share of blame with the decline in machine quality.

Once again, I mentioned I don’t have help… even if I get it in my truck, who will get it out? I drive around for days in my truck until my son comes home. NO… I just told the supervisor if it’s not here today they can send it back to Glowforge I don’t need this stress!

I wasn’t saying you should pick up at depot. My experience was negative.

I am in a power chair and do not have help. Even when I got my last one it was weeks between when it arrived and when the dead one left in the box the original had come in trying to manage. When it is delivered I have had them bring it inside, and come inside to take the old one. I have several PG sized sheets with wheels for getting stuff about and I made a set of lifts to pick stuff up that they expect one to bring up from the floor.

That is made in 1/4 in plywood and stout string like parachute cord and makes lifting much easier. Lifting half at a time 4-6 inches at a time will get it dome.

Just remember for every complaint, there are tons of people happily busy working with their machine. Don’t get worried.

2 Likes

And your point is? Why did you need to come and say this? That’s a glow up b/c you can work and some of us can’t through the holiday thanks for your kindness it was quite ugly…

I was replying to someone else. I’m sorry you have had a bad experience. My comment wasn’t directed to you at all! Obviously you posted this to vent. And it’s fine to vent. But not everyone will have a horrible experience, and I will always do what I can to encourage people to not assume the worst based on someone else’s experience. I hope everything works out for you!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.