Discourse Search Bug / Feature Improvement

Hey @discourse! Doing a search on just a person’s username (e.g. @AhnoldZ ) should return all of their posts. At least based on the search page it seems like that is what should be returned. But if there are multiple posts in one topic then only one of those posts is returned. The rest are ignored. Can make it really hard to find a post that you know exists if it isn’t the only post in a topic!

3 Likes

From the person’s profile page clicking ‘Activity’ brings up all their posts.

1 Like

I agree.

A little less convenient workaround is to click on the user somewhere and then click “activity” in the drop-down. The search box on that page allows you to restrict the search to just that user.

2 Likes

Yup I’ve used ‘activity’ as well in the past to find posts. But unless you know this behavior of the search function you don’t know to do the workaround. So that’s why I posted this bug report.

2 Likes

Gentle reminder that posts in P&S automagically generate Glowforge support tickets, requiring GF staff hours to track, respond, & close, while (at)discourse will get the message from anywhere, including PMs.

1 Like

Here’s a good Q: @dan if/when we remove things from #problems-and-support, does that help support any or would that further complicate things?

1 Like