Discrepancy between image and score

So I’ve learned to score the wood before cutting it (as a test to make sure I have it in the right place), but after I score the wood, the alignment on my screen changes… the red score lines are in a different place than where I’ve actually scored the wood (and I haven’t changed or moved anything)… I’ve set the focus and refreshed the bed image, but the laser isn’t cutting where my screen says it should be cutting. Does this make sense? Is anyone able to clarify to me how to resolve this discrepancy?
Thanks
Cliff

1 Like

If the score fell where you wanted it then don’t change anything or move anything just run it and it will be where you want it despite what you see. The camera can deceive you.

8 Likes

Confirmed^^.

5 Likes

Exactly that. The camera goes back and does one more center scan before starting, basically doing a sanity check, but the actual head won’t move so as long as you Set Focus before you placed the first time, and its hitting in the right spot, don’t move anything

4 Likes

Hi @phoenixinkx - some good input from our community here.

As @deirdrebeth had mentioned, you’ll want to make sure you’re placing your design after using the set focus tool to minimize these types of shifts.

If you happen to see that even still doing so your printer is not marking your material where you’d placed the design though please let us know and we’ll help to get that alignment issue sorted!

Hi @phoenixinkx. It’s been a while since we’ve seen any activity after Mike’s response. I’ll go ahead and close this tread, but feel free to create a new thread, or write us at support@glowforge.com if you run into any further alignment trouble. We’ll be happy to help. Thanks!